FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:11 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by PayItForward
My money is that PP is a reflection of both high stays and high revenue, not unlike IHG Royal Ambassador status. Invite only status typically leverage highly on recognizing high spenders but as a loyalty program, they would probably also want to encourage and cultivate return business. A meeting planner / event organiser certainly can hit both if events are in the '000s each. Imagine bringing in events with over millions in revenue annually and the event nights. I would think PP would be a real possibility. Think trade show / conferences planners..
All I know is I was neither when I earned PP and it didn't last more than a year. I was top tier with four different programs at the time. I'd hate to think they are sharing stay data, but I guess it could be. Regardless, there's little, if any benefit in getting PP. I view it like the brass ring at the merry-go-round (remember those), maybe a free ride if you didn't throw it at the clown nose.