FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike or something else happening?
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by wazow
If it is sold as one ticket, with one ticket number by a travel agent, the airlines, to my best knowledge, should still protect you. If these are different airlines, and to make it worse cross-allied airlines, it is a bit harder, and usually more stressful, to argue your way, but typically works.

I would not risk a long haul connection of 3 hours on separate tickets in TXL right now. Have been routed through TXL quite a few times last two months, and I think only one time was successful. The other cases were (in the best case) seriously delayed, or cancelled, or I got rerouted by AB using a different connection.

Also note, that quite likely the Austrian flight will be on time, as this is not the entire TXL that has troubles to the best of my knowledge, just AB.
Thanks for the advice. The flights are actually ord-txl-vienna on one ticket on ab - that I can buy on AB. The Vienna to Sarajevo ticket is on Austrian and I was deciding what to do. I would take a different connection but obviously if my AB ticket also goes to Vienna that is all AB would be responsible for.