FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window shades night flights (sun up)
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:30 am
nallison
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Grog
Sorry, but if I'm at a window, I shouldn't have to ensure extreme light intensity in order to make up for another passenger's darker seating. What's next? Hourly seat rotations so no one feels excluded in the crowd?

It's just a flight. Not a life sentence. Somewhere between 45 mins and 14 hours of your life. It too shall pass. If your career depends on constant flying, that's a choice you've made. Learn to deal with it.

Society is becoming a pansified mess, I swear. And this coming from a progressive liberal. Every day, I'm less surprised that even the sensibles of the right-leaning are fed up with the left.

need any help with that shoehorn? Not sure what this has to do with politics, plenty on the left who can be inconsiderate to others, and plenty on the right who will gladly do anything they can to avoid discomforting others.

It's a public space so it's just about making it as comfortable as possible, or minimising discomfort, to the greatest extent possible. Doesn't seem a bad idea to me, in my experience most passengers seem to understand it as I've never seen anyone in a window seat complain, or a rogue window left open. If anyone does open a window they seem to be shocked and slightly panicked at how much light floods in and very quickly slam it shut again.