FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:02 pm
kerrigjl

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Another data point/exchange:

"Lalalaine,

Thank you so much for expediting the delivery of the portfolio; it was received, and I hope you are well! A question for you - the welcome letter in the packet, dated 19 April, mentions "an annual 25,000 points bonus ... now and each year"; however, I do not see an option to take that at present (the option is "greyed out" at the link through my account at https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/e...elite-benefits , saying that it was redeemed on 13 July 2015) - is it possibly to manually add that to my account, and/or reset that clock? Also, when I enrolled, there was language on the website reading that an additional 5000 points would be added to the account upon the term starting ("When you become an Ambassador, you are automatically enrolled in the IHG® Rewards Club, earning 5000 points and Elite Status") - there is no mention of this in the packet, however; how does one get that added?"

Response:

"Hello Mr. (kerrigjl),

I hope you’re doing well today.

I would like to clarify that the 25,000 bonus points is not part of your benefit as an Ambassador member. This benefit is provided to our Spire Elite members who achieved/maintained the required number of nights/points for this Elite level.

You will have to stay 75 qualifying nights or earn 75,000 points within one calendar year. Once achieved, you'll be able to make your selection in your account.

With regards to your 5,000 IHG Rewards Club Bonus Points, it will be included in your Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online. The said Welcome Letter will be included in the Ambassador portfolio. You may deposit vouchers in thislink: https://www.ihg.com/priorityclub/rew...depositpoints/

Or, if you prefer, simply reply with your IHG Rewards Club membership number and point voucher number.  Once this information is received, we will deposit the points on your behalf.

Let me know if there is anything else you need in the meantime.

Speak to you soon,

Lou"

I reiterated:

"Lou,

Thanks for your reply. There was no voucher in the welcome packet other than the one night free - let me know how to proceed from here.

Thanks,"

They replied:

"Hello Mr. (kerrigjl),

I hope you are doing well.

In behalf of IHG, I would like to apologize that your voucher for your 5,00 bonus points was not included in the welcome letter you received.

Moreover, please be advised that I have manually posted the 5,000 bonus points in your account. This brought your current point balance up to xyz. You can now view this by logging in to your account online at www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Thank you for choosing IHG Rewards Club. I hope this helped to answer your concern but if not, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Aileen"