Old Jun 1, 17, 2:41 pm
little_dc

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Low in perks for Marriott Elite members.
Low standards of their so called executive rooms (do not be a fool and pay for it)
Low service standards. Very nice staff but they lack the standard attention to service.

The lack of care toward Marriott Elite members make this hotel a big looser in my book. They had the opportunity to stand out as a full-service Marriott in Hawaii that offers Gold and Platinum members some easy perks like a lounge and Breakfast. Yet it Is clear the cheap and bare bone options is what the management went for. They worked very hard to provide nothing with saying they provide everything.

There is NO LOUNGE at this hotel do not be fooled like I did. I booked an executive room as it was the lowest class room open when I booked. I’m a Marriott gold, and normal perks are Upgrades, Lounge access and for hotels without a lounge full breakfast. This hotel is a scam! They say.. Oh yeah we have a lounge with “Drinks and Snacks” thru out the day and “continental breakfast”. Yet what I found was a table in the hallway with TAP water, a coffee machine, and 2 bins of mostly empty trail mix. Breakfast is the slap in the face that will wake you up. They have low end watered down OJ and donuts and some basic full fruit... I have seen more items at hotels at the front desk for all guest.

The worst part is here is what is in the room description that I booked and paid for (Deluxe Room, Executive Level, Partial Ocean View and Mountain View, balcony) “Complimentary food: - Continental breakfast - midday snack Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages” again let me be clear as what this is in reality. Tap water, Trail mix, watered down OJ, coffee, donuts, fruit” In the hallway area they have a pull-out drink coolers that never had anything in it. I checked both the 15th and 16th floor. When asking the staff about this so called lounge, I was told “well sir, it is nice for free”. NOT FREE I booked a room that cost more with these so called perks. As for other perks as a gold.. NO upgrade or even a apology they could not upgrade me, NO Elite recognition, Nothing! At the bar as I was I talking to a Platinum guest who did get a $10 food voucher. Wow just shows this hotel is not trying to “deal” with Marriott Elite members. Fail!

Now to the room. It is nice, modern but on the small side. Before they redid this place, it was a roach hotel. Not anymore. I would pick this place based on the room, but lack of so much makes the nice rooms last on my list. This hotel thinks they can survive based off being new and having nice rooms. Just not going to cut it in the sea of hotels in Waikiki. Room was clean, Bed was nice. Bathroom was small but nice, shower water pressure was not great. The wifi was SLOW and at times just did not work. The room style was cool and a good place to crash. Yet they lack of normal Marriott perks even for an Autograph collection hotel.

One last thing there was a welcome basket in the room. A nice touch (I’m told this is for the so called Executive rooms) it was 2 sets of branded flip flops, 2 bottles of local soda, and some chips and cookies. But the thing I found a bit odd was two condoms at the bottom of the basket, I may be old school but this is odd for a High end Marriott branded hotel. I can not imagine how this could be awkward for parents who have kids running for the chips and find this..

Yes this hotel is new and my issues can not be put down as growing pains. It is a clearly calculated way to provide Marriott Elites the bare minimal with playing around the rules on what a hotel should provide.