FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empty Seats TATL in Business
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:29 pm
DBG

With the whole integration of Tourist Premium, I can't help but think Iberia is trying to elevate Business Plus to a higher level. Iberia used to, in most cases, offer affordable "Business Reduced" fares when booked ahead of time to markets like ORD (I remember flying about three times for about 2100€ RT) and have promos left and right, and also allow you to upgrade for a reasonable price. I wonder if now, when both booking upgrades/award travel, the fact that they have an in between class it will be next to impossible, moreover, while I can understand them wanting to maintain the "allure" of their luxury product, I am not willing to pay 6000€ for a round trip Business fare on Iberia. Their Premium Economy fares from what I was looking at aren't exactly cheap either and more than what I would pay out of pocket for this type of service.
I honestly think Iberia was pressured by IAG to make their service/seating more in line with AA/British and have thus done this, but I know a lot of Spanish/Latin American clients who are their core client might not be too happy about this.