FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electronic devices ban Europe to the US [merged threads]
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:40 am
Himeno

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I think people, in general, put up with the inconvenience of 3-1-1 primarily because it was just that- an inconvenience.
I was traveling when the "war on water" started. In DC with a flight to FL the next morning. The only "liquid" I had in my carry on bag was sunscreen. I moved it to my checked bag. I have never used a liquid bag, have not really carried liquids when flying since the liquid stupidity began.
In fact, I was once berated by security staff at LHR because I didn't have a bag (or any liquids to put in such a bag).

An electronics restriction like 1+1 is a totally different ball of wax- there's a very real risk of business travel reduction/cancellation if travelers can't bring electronics on board, given the very real risks of hardware/data theft if checked or forced to use loaners.
My typical electronics 'kit' when traveling is:
Phone
Laptop
Tablet
MP3 player
3-4 USB portable hard drives
Noise canceling headphones
Camera + spare battery
Related power/recharge cables

Some of those I use on the flight (I got them because I fly), others I need during the trip. They aren't things I can just not take or risk theft/damage in checked bags.