FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old May 31, 2017, 4:35 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
Then as I was eating my bacon roll (about 2.5 hours after take off) we realised they were actually still cold in the centre....Not good from a food standards POV! We didn't complain on board as a bit of cold bacon wont kill me (though it really shouldn't happen as it isn't good practice),
That bacon roll I think needs 10 minutes in the oven, and perhaps left for a minute before opening the pack. I also take a fairly robust view to eating stuff a bit off-spec, but I would draw the line at insufficiently cooked bacon, that is actually quite risky. Now almost certainly the fact that it is wrapped and in a fairly hermetic food process will mean you are correct, but whinge-reputation or not, that really has to go back if cold.