FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eDreams.com
Thread: eDreams.com
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2017, 11:32 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by babypuwet
hey guys, so I booked a roundtrip ticket on edreams. The inbound and outbound were different airlines. Flew the outbound with no issues (except a 2 hour change in flight time that wasn't communicated), but on the return, when I attempted to check in, the airline informed me that edreams never remitted payment and the ticket is cancelled. I have email confirmation from the airline for this. I contacted edreams and they told me that everything was confirmed on their end and it would take 7 to 10 business days to investigate it with their "relevant" department. I ended up having to purchase a different ticket for the return portion on another airline that cost more than the original roundtrip ticket. Am I entitled to a full refund? I know I already flew the outbound and should pay for that portion, but again, my argument would be that my cost to purchase a last minute one way flight for the return portion cost more than the original roundtrip ticket.
If you have proof that the OLTA never paid the airline (presumably for both directions of the ticket?), you should be able to file for a refund from your credit card company. If it was a RT and they didn't even pay for the outbound half (although I would be surprised if you were allowed to fly in this case, so did you have two OW ticket?), I'd want a refund for the whole thing as the airline in principle could pursue you to pay for the flights you flew.