FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm
Old May 30, 2017, 5:41 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I am really, really jealous. I wish I could get there to position for this.

You should be able to use a Delta global upgrade certificate if you're a diamond for all of the segments except Jet Airways. I'd imagine there is a decent shot of the upgrade clearing for most, if not all of the applicable segment. Even if the upgrade certificate doesn't clear on KLM, KLM agents are pretty notorious for selling upgrades.
Position once and then do 2-4 in a row. Diamond in one mega-run

I have no idea what Delta considers the destination on this, maybe LAS? So I don't know how many segments a GUC would apply to. Even just getting CMB-AMS-LAX would be fantastic though. For very odd tickets like this Delta's computers can think the destination is something weird. Once I flew DUS-AMS-PDX-LAX-AMS-DUS on a mileage run and was in PDX for 22 hours and LAX for 4 hours but Delta's computers insisted I had a RT to LAX and the agents had to manually override to check my bag to PDX.

Edit: My Online Itinerary says it's a CMB-HNL round trip. Considering above experience though, I wouldn't count on that 100%.