FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old May 30, 2017, 1:58 pm
380fanatic

Programs: QF Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
If you have the same E-ticket number (PNR) for both of you then no it is not possible.

If they are two separate PNRs then it may be possible. But remember "Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking." !
These may prohibit what you are trying to do. We just do not know!
You could get into a situation where you have to pay for the second night yourselves, and USD 50 saved could become a much larger amount spent.

Since hotel bookings are non refundable, non changeable and non cancellable, by you, you need to decide if you will pay USD 50 for a two night stay or try for two one night stays with the risk of having to pay the hotels standard rate for the second night if DISCOVER QATAR will not pay for the second night.

You might be lucky because DISCOVER QATAR appears to take the rules very lightly!
Same PNR, but different E-ticket number (one digit off). The different ticket number was what actually started me thinking this might be possible.

I agree with the non-refundable, non changeable piece it is probably not worth the risk unless someone has confirmed they were able to do it, or I get an email from DISCOVER Qatar stating it is acceptable...

Thanks for the quick response.