FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asunción for 3 days? Extraordinary sites
Old May 30, 2017, 9:15 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
If you have the right local Wingman, Asuncion can be a very good party town.... at least that was the case back in the day/age I was young & single.

I remember an upscale "Gentlemans Club" that was full of the Paraguayan Jet Set - including top politicians and business owners. Cant remember the name of the place, but suffice it to say that the Establishment was was just as good as any similar joint you would find in Dallas, New York City or Hong Kong - only that the drinks were lousy and that most of the "imported" hard liquor was fake.... The entretainers were not only drafted from the local Talent Pool but also featured a variety of visiting international performers. Cuban Cigars were plentiful (inexpensive), and most probably fake - but they at the time I was unable to tell the difference....

Please note that this data point is now almost 20 years old.... so you may need to re-check the current validity of this information. Also, unless you have a local contact that knows where he is going, I would not suggest venturing out into the Asuncion night-scene as a normal tourist (unless you have a Mossad caliber security detail).

Last edited by Gaucho100K; May 30, 2017 at 9:21 am