FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Supervisor Gone Mad
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2017, 6:58 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by 1353513636
(I don't speak Spanish and incident occurred in Spain) but I boarded the flight and the bag showed up at the other end.
Ahh.. this happened in Spain... this explains a lot of the behaviour of the ground staff. I've had seen a lot of these type of ground staff in Spain, Portugal and Italy - a lot of power tripping ground staff (there are of course some which are really nice, but sadly not that many).

In your situation, what I see is that just the agent checking you in was
a) not well trained if she did not know how to change the FF number
b) did not use logic that you and she has seen that you are *G - why did she make it difficult for you to change it to another FF non*G? I would understand that this is difficult if the system will not accept the bag - but still this should be manually adaptable.
c) if it was just an FF number - you could have just let her have it her way to leave your *G number in there and change it later at the gate.

In any case - since no one was there, and if you are looking for better advise, don't think you will get any. However, to a certain extend I know how you feel and I think half the issue lies with just how these Spanish ground staff are - a lot of them that I have come across just have their head somewhere else but to assist/do their work. [sorry don't want to sound categorizing people, but I have enough of my fair share of their attitude]

Cheers!