FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up Yours BA
Thread: Up Yours BA
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017, 4:56 am
BarryAZ

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
Originally Posted by sschwenk
I find this whole "never going to fly BA again" a bit on the drama side. BA is by far not my favourite airline, and certainly there are better (and frequently cheaper) options on many routes. At the same time, they have a pretty good schedule and non-stop routes from London - that is an enormous benefit.

I'll continue to make my choices based on price and convenience, and being based in London that makes BA a pretty decent option - even if the product isn't that great.
Fair enough -- and I am not one of the 'never going to fly BA' folks. There just was a time when it was my *preferred* option coming from the US to Europe. These days it no longer is -- it no longer out matches say American Airlines with service and comfort in Business class from the US as an example.

It seems to me that this trend will continue and if Brexit undermines the reason for routing to and through the UK going to Europe from the US I expect to see business travelers looking at alternatives -- US carriers or alternatives like Iberia or even Air France.