FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very happy with Business saver sale fare BUT
Old May 27, 2017, 2:29 pm
pschafer

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Well, their IT is actually on the ball - they realised you were searching and they thought that at the end you will do what many loyal QF customers do - buy their incredibly inflated fares...

But honestly, I am getting these from QF regularly together with all that other SPAM you mention. But then I do not use QF for my regular long hauls to Europe (so perhaps they do target me) since I cannot justify paying double to what I pay to LH for flying MEL-SIN(SQ)-FRA(LH) return.
Agree totally - when buying business fares to Europe that LH (and sometimes LX) fare cannot generally be beaten; however, to Canada (or USA) where I visit at least once a year - there are few regularly available sale fares. I did use an NZ one once (to YVR via AKL) but while it was available a few months, ago when I went to purchase it was no longer available. LH and LX also have RTW fares which can be used but unless you also want to visit Europe it's too much flying IMO - it's also in the low $6000's pp.

Over the past 7+ years I have been using the buy miles from AA and LM tactic but in the past 12+ months these programs just "aren't what they used to be" - with program devaluations, lower $A, and general lack of award seats - in fact it's cheaper to buy this QF (or other) sale fare than to use (purchased) AA points for award seats on CX via HKG to YVR.