FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse
Old May 27, 2017, 11:24 am
riphamilton

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I too am curious about how UA got the OP's information. Did the eBay listing perhaps contain a picture of the cert with a cert number? Or does the OP use the same email address as on the UA FF account? Could the OP be from a small enough town that there's only a small list of likely suspects, particularly if the listing mentioned 1K or GS status?

If the OP never sold a cert and if eBay won't release the information, then I think we can assume that UA saw something in the listing that enabled the security team to identify the OP, assuming that the OP's story is correct and it's not a UA "plant" as someone suggested upthread.
OP's city + ebay username could have been matched up with an email address that UA has. apparently UA deems that as sufficient proof.

you can search listings that were ended early and unsold. let's just say that there's one that sticks out to me.