FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 27 May 'worldwide' BA IT outage | practical assistance/advice [Clutter-free please]
Old May 27, 2017, 8:58 am
moral_low_ground

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Questions for the experts please... so I have a BA holidays booking, outbound (theoretically) tonight to DXB at 22.20. So, IF this is cancelled (which I'm seeing as a distinct possibility:

1) Can I just book myself and my family on an EK/QF flight one way and get this reimbursed by BA? Looks like we could do it for about £400 each
2) If the flight is cancelled, would the hotel booking in the package still be intact?
3) Likewise if the outbound flight is cancelled, would the return flight still be preserved?

Thanks... trying to figure out options here. Family do not see Devon as a reasonable alternative to Dubai!!!
If I were you I'd cancel and get a full refund. I just landed into DXB last night; It's the start of Ramadan today, is just hitting 40 degrees with lots of humidity so why on earth would you want to come here for a holiday ??????

Devon would be Heaven and they will be begging you to go there by tomorrow afternoon!