FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 27 May 'worldwide' BA IT outage | practical assistance/advice [Clutter-free please]
Old May 27, 2017, 6:46 am
Greg66

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Perhaps you should direct them to ba.com:

"Summary
We have experienced a major IT system failure that is causing very severe disruption to our flight operations worldwide.

The terminals at London Heathrow and Gatwick have become extremely congested and we have cancelled all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick before 6pm UK time today, so please do not come to the airports.

We are currently also unable to assist with rebooking through ba.com or our contact centres.

More information
We will provide more information on ba.com, Twitter and through airport communication channels as soon as we can for flights due to depart after that time. We will be updating the situation via the media regularly throughout the day.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this is causing our customers and we are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible."

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...VINF4more_news
The cancellation has been confirmed by a BA post on my FB feed. I guess staff on the ground are the last to be told.

BA.com remains dead for me though, as is your link.