FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Certain Partner J Awards to Europe now 85,000 miles?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:17 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Yep, that is what I think too and I think that is the typical and "easy" way to do it. But isn't it possible to keep the 'original' issued ticket and just change the stuff inside. That way this will still keep the original ticket intact. Given that I still have to complete the travel 1 year from my original ticket issue date.

I guess in a short a better question form "Is there a way to/Anyone successfully, change and still keep the old 80k price without help of schedule change?"
No is the short answer. Voluntary changes always result in a reprice to then available fares. There won't be a fare at the lower price thus will need to pay more. Only exception is if there's a schedule change and you don't like the newly picked flights. Then they'll exchange since at same rate since it was their doing.