FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “F” word politics and robbed of a thread. No Aeroplan segment search * sucks.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:28 pm
LoveGlobeTrottin

“F” word politics and robbed of a thread. No Aeroplan segment search * sucks.

Wow, this forum community is hostile. Is it such an outrage to utter the 'f' word when you have an untold amount of points racked up only to have them harshly degraded for a second time within a week. And, as I said before, I was completely respectful to the telephone agent.

I also feel like I was robbed of the effort it took me to uncover this story. There was a previous post which was related but did not reveal the development that unfolded today. I had two threads folded into another poster's, with my headline transplanted onto his post, which comes off as unrelated when put together.

In regards to the criticism of my language. I work in a hardcore oilfield environment, but I'm also finishing up a university degree which I'll hopefully use to work my way around the world. I've heard an untold amount of 'bad words' in the gritty jobs I've worked on which contribute to the jet fuel that propels all of us to the places we want to go around the world. Whenever I return to the classroom, I have to walk on an unrealistic bed of seashells of no-no words, which is utterly ridiculous.

Is this forum built on a beach in the tropics?

Crying about my utterance of the 'f' word perplexes me. So what. I'm so so so peeved about this Aeroplan development. And you should be too. Let's focus on the real outrage!

I'm new to this forum stuff, but I want to try and sum up what I said, and the people who have criticised me thus far.
I think this is interesting and relevant.... because jeeze.... Doesn't it suck that you cannot construct mini-rtw itins with Aeroplan's site anymore!

My first post:

"I’m well versed in [the] functions and flaws of Aeroplan’s online search tool. However, I’m running into an entirely new problem I’ve never seen before at a critical time.
I’m piecing together a last minute mini-rtw, which I’m hopefully going to depart on the 30th or 31st of this month.

Earlier in the day, I could search by segments as always, but tonight I’m getting the “, Please call Aeroplan Internet Redemption to book this reward at 1-888-270-7025. To get to an agent, simply follow the instructions” message when I search any segment that is not originating or terminating in the U.S. or Canada.

Has anyone experienced this before? I do random searches almost every day for fun, and this is a first for me."

My second post after I got the answer:

"I can't believe this. End of Int'l segment search. Please correct me!
As of today, this is the end of Aeroplan for me.

According to an agent, you cannot search for flights online that do not involve North America anymore. I posted about this earlier and decided to call in about it and get clarification.

The agent told me that you could only find availability for multi-stop international flights through a phone agent now.

I said "are you f'n serious?" and she got short with me.... I told her sorry and that it wasn't directed at her, but I just want to get absolute clarification for the online community. She repeated herself, and I said I couldn't believe it.

I asked what her name was and she hung up on me.

I do realize you can search availability on different partners/websites, but this puts the nail in the coffin for my confidence in the company.... nightly website outages, cannot reach agents on the telephone during those outages sometimes, and now this."

And some of the replies:

Originally Posted by mapleg
I would get short with you also if you phoned my company and said "are you f'n serious" to me. Why should I put up with vulgar language?
Originally Posted by Fleck
Good for her.
(for hanging up on me)

Originally Posted by painintheuk
I was searching this morning for my trip this summer and had no trouble seeing segments. I get this message now on all my searches for the pre-TPAC conectionss.

I suspect that the 20% bump in Aimia will reverse pretty darn quickly on Monday morning!

I completely agree that the OP's language was unacceptable, but unfortunately I think that they are in for worse than this (though not from me!) .

Dr. PIITUK

Wow... that last one is a kicker. True comedy.