FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old May 26, 2017, 9:23 am
Misco60

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
British Airways has failed to respond to my letter before action in respect of a cancelled flight on 23 March, and thus I am about to initiate a claim using MCOL...
I have just received an email from British Airways advising me that they will meet my claim in full.

For the benefit of others who may go down the same route, here's the sequence of events.

1. As explained, BA failed to respond to my letter before action so I initiated a claim via MCOL. The process was very straightforward. BA then had 14 days to acknowledge the claim.

2. BA acknowledged the claim on day 12; this gave them a further 28 days to respond to the claim.

3. On day 15 (of that 28) I received the email advising me that the claim was being settled in full. They have asked me to notify the court and discontinue action but, of course, I won't be doing this until the cheque has been received.

It is very disappointing - though not at all surprising - that BA failed to just pay up in the first instance, especially as they told me in their very first reply that the cancellation was due to crew being out of hours (and, therefore, entirely their responsibility).