FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vueling Hand Luggage
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2017, 2:00 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Koby
Get a seat in rows 2-4 or an emergency exit row. (Pay for it if you need.) You will be allowed to board first, and normally they should let you on with the luggage. They might ask you to put the laptop bag under the seat in front of you (if not at an exit of course), but I guess you'll survive that for such a short flight.
The disadvantage of exit row is that you aren't allowed anything under the seat in front.

Second, this is Spain. The most likely boarding scenario is a mass of people paying no attention to boarding priority, etc. There will be a queue, but it will be made up of people who shouldn't be in it. (i.e. they will probably call rows 16-31 first, but then make little effort to police it or, if they do, there will be a massive scrum as people push past those who are trying to maintain their "place in the queue" even though they aren't allowed to board yet)

For trekker, forget that you have AA status. Irrelevant on Vueling as it is not a member of Oneworld. (so no lounge at VLC)

Also note that permitted European LCC rollaboard sizes are smaller than American ones. If you want a more relaxing time, just check your rollaboard the standard way at VLC. If you really want to carry it aboard, you should try to get a seat around row 20 and go stand in the queue as soon as the gate is announced (45-60 minutes pre-departure). As koby says, you need to be one of the first on board but any "priority boarding", if respected, will be flashed through so quickly as to not be noticed.

So much can go wrong with a gate checked Vueling to AA connection that I wouldn't recommend risking it. Take the piece of mind and spend a few extra minutes in MIA waiting at the carrousel...