FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very happy with Business saver sale fare BUT
Old May 25, 2017, 3:02 pm
pschafer

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Very happy with Business saver sale fare BUT

My husband and I have been on the lookout (for a few months) for the best business class fare (SYD-YVR direct or via one-stop) next Jan/Feb. (Sadly we missed out on booking award tickets when the booking window opened.) So it seems the best deal was Korean Air at about $5000 pp then yesterday just when we were about to pull the trigger we double checked various web sites and low and behold there was a QF business sale fare at about $5300 pp. Amazing - we thought so immediately purchased.

So all's well that ends well; however, I was left wondering why these sale fares don't seem to be advertised - it seems I get daily e-mails from QF offering wine and other merchandise but not such great sales. If their IT was really on the ball they could even have targeted me as they would know I have searched this route for these dates many times in recent months.

(as an aside - of course the Korean fare is still $300 less BUT we would not accrue any useful FF points and at the end of day we prefer QF for a variety of reasons. There are other even cheaper fares about - eg. Philippine Airlines and Xiamen but we're not that desperate for a cheap fare).