FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Priority: Status, Upgrade Type, Rolling 12 Month EQD Spend
Old May 25, 2017, 11:29 am
jay_dubya

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by swm61230
So am I the only one who has a problem with the aviator card being used for eqd addition to your yearly spend for upgrades?
Originally Posted by swm61230
I understand. I'm just torn on that particular issue.

I will say that I am happy to see this change on a whole.

I have never liked the time stamp for clearing upgrades. I know this is the biggest contention with people as the ones that but months in advance at a lesser fare are no longer a priority.

I myself am usually booking airfare 3-14 days out. Maybe I get to book an airfare 30+ days in advance but that happens 1-2 times a year in the middle of the year. Mostly for a work related job that deals with July 4th and my vacation trip that happens after.

As such I am usually lower on the list of exp to get an upgrade. But I am spending way more through the year for my tickets as they are mostly last minute higher fares.

My yearly spend ranges between 20-30k a year. Not the highest and not the lowest.

And I am ok with someone who spends more then I do being listed before me for a benefit. I am just glad that the main basis is a rolling 12 month tally and not just the last year amount.

I am also happy that AA doesn't look at the one timers who buy a full fare ticket as the most deserving of all the benefits that a consistent possibly lower fare customer gets.

I am looking forward to my next few flights and seeing where I land on the list. And seeing if my upgrade percentage goes up for the rest of the year.
AA has made clear that they care only about revenue. What's the difference how they get the revenue?