FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old May 25, 2017, 6:43 am
OU812

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Here's the big Q. Is there somewhere else in Hawaii that I should go? I have five nights in June. I don't drink a lot of alcoholic, but appreciate decent wine at night. I do, however, value a good breakfast as I awake by 5-5:30 a.m. every morning. Should I go to another island?
Have you been to Hawaii before? Do you want to be near Waikiki? Waikiki is very busy with a lot of tourists so it can be very crowded! The beaches are nice and calmer than other beaches on Oahu. Five nights is not a long time to spend in Hawaii and each island is different. There are some great beaches and historical sites to explore on Oahu and its a great place to go if this is your first visit to Hawaii. On Oahu outside of Waikiki, there is a Courtyard near the North Shore and a Marriott Vacation Club in Ko 'Olina.

The Laylow is the only Marriott in Hawaii that is not classified as a resort and therefore provides a "free" breakfast, but based on what has been posted in this thread, not sure it would meet your requirements as a good breakfast. Most other Marriotts throughout Hawaii offer discounts to elites for their breakfast buffets which are usually quite extensive, but cost $35+ per person before the discount.

Regards,

RIP...