FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Shorthaul catering
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2017, 4:30 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I stopped reading after that line. It shows that SAS has for the third time revamped their short-haul meal concept without listening to their passengers and 'again' tried to re-invent something that doesn't need re-inventing but copy-ing from successful competitors.

I don't need another reiteration of cold salmon, chewy white fish and black bread.

Less effort on the marketing slides and more on the edibility and quality of the food. I'm sure some 'marketing consultant' with oversized glasses that probably makes less than 5 flights a year whipped this up, but it is really not productive and has no positive tangible results for the company.

Spending 95% of my time on BA at the moment doesn't make me look forward to return to SAS food.
Apart from being served on porcelain and the longer flights (not CPH nor TXL length), the Club Europe catering on BA is not a step up from the current Plus offering. Quality wise no difference,the plating does maybe look better. BA would not be my benchmark for European catering, and SK should preferably not copy anything from them.