FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "advantages" of assigned seating
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2017, 1:00 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I've had it in FC. And usually a story like that. In those cases Me moving from 3D to 2D or whatever isn't a real problem and I don't mind.

Outside of that it seems the amount seen by FT is way higher percentage than what is really happening. If a FA told me that I needed to take the seat I didn't choose because of a sob story you can bet I'd be getting their info and filing a complaint with the airline.

A big issue of mine is my wife can't board with me with status on WN. It makes no sense. And the thru passengers have created major problems. I've gotten on planes when I did fly WN with 20, 30 or more people as thru passengers. There are close to zero desirable seats left. For those that PAID to board early I'd be extremely frustrated. "Thanks for the extra money, have fun in the same seat you would have gotten boarding in the B Group anyways".
I'm surprised for through passengers WN doesn't limit exit row and bulkhead to a-list and EBCI customers but it would be too hard to enforce.

Something that irritated me with EBCI when I flew WN was a couple times my first flight was severely delayed and I got to the connection gate when either C was boarding or the plane was boarded and I got a crappy seat (these were MDW to LAX or LAS flights so long flights and the seconde flight was the one I paid for EBCI). One time my DTW/PHX flight was delayed by almost four hours and we had to overnight in PHX and for my new flight I got a C boarding pass but at least in that case I got a good seat on the long flight I cared about.

That's crazy WN won't allow one companion to board with an A-lister since they'll be taking a middle seat anyway. A friend of mine in STL was a-list at one time and said back then the boarding pass for a companion didn't print to allow use of the priority lane. I've never had an issue with a non-status companion boarding with me on Delta even if they weren't upgraded or using the priority lane before the days of precheck and a good friend of mine is EP on American and I never had an issue boarding with him or using the American priority lane when travelling with him.