FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old May 24, 2017, 11:34 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I'm assuming the questionable part is the nights element... If so, a "meeting" or two might seal the deal before the end of the year.
Yeah, nights are the issue. Regarding meetings, if I need to do that it's an option. Sealing the deal with lifetime status would be very helpful, and doing it via the meeting approach would definitely be cheaper than additional paid stays.

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Forgive me for asking this but what's the Hertz deal? Are you talking about the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star status that comes indirectly via UA's MP Premier Silver (via MR Plat)?
Correct... Hertz status is really secondary. UA *S via Marriott Platinum is what I need.

It's rough going from UA Plat (115 flights a year) to GM (less than 30 a year; thankfully I matched to silver via MR Plat). At least with UA Silver I can keep group 2 boarding/priority access (the precheck lane gets closed sometimes)/1 free checked bag/free access to Economy Plus at Check-in.