FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One-week Caribbean cruise: What to pack, what to leave home, what is essential?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:54 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by ysolde
One pair white trousers
One pair comfy jeans
One pair dark wash jeans (airplane)
One pair white shorts
One informal dress
One wrap dress
One LBD
One swimsuit cover-up (doubles as tunic)
One lightweight top
One t-shirt (airplane)
Second t-shirt
One lightweight sweater
One cardigan (airplane)
Bathing suit (it's a long-sleeved one that looks like a cross between a bathing suit and a rash guard)
Hat

One pair black shoes to go with LBD and wrap dress
One pair sandals to go with other evening attire
Espadrilles
Nikes

One black evening bag
One bag to go with sandals
Crossbody for day
I am a hand-baggage only person but I manage to jam more into my one 20" rollaboard than you do, clearly I agree that this looks light on tops--I would have maybe 3 tank tops (since I wear a lot of sleeveless) and 3 t-shirts, matched with 3 bottoms total--one pair of light pants, one pair of shorts, one casual skirt or pair of capris. I also do a lot of sundresses so would throw in 2-3 of those too. They can be layered over or accessorized for nighttime.

I am on a weeklong trip in Singapore right now and packed six dresses, three tank tops, three t-shirts, a super-light sweater, a pair of shorts, two capris, two bathing suits, a beach cover-up, a pashmina, light tracksuit pants, two sleep shirts, four pairs of sandals , and my running shoes plus two sets of workout gear into my 20-inch rollaboard. I have a tiny Kiplinger cross-body purse, that's it. Wore light pants and a LS shirt on the plane plus a slightly heavier cardigan, with my Ecco super-light sneakers. I also carry a child-size REI daypack with my toiletry and "cords-and-incidentals" bags, the iPad, and a lot of magazines. It all works and fits in the overhead. I could have brought less stuff and done more laundry, but I just don't feel like doing that on this trip.