FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)
Old May 23, 2017, 7:50 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gwade
Passed through on Sunday morning around 10AM. It was pretty full, guessing maybe 75-80% of capacity, not a kid in site anywhere, all adults. I was about to walk out, when a small two top opened up so I grabbed it and had a quick brekkie sandwich and a screwdriver. So many people kept streaming in that I said, heck with it, I'll go find peace at the G United Club.

Then walking past that, the line to get in the United Club extended almost to the security exit in G!!

Hell with it...went and sat at the gate and it was plenty peaceful and quiet until boarding about 20 minutes later. Kinda funny when the gate is the quiet place and the lounges are madhouses.
Completely agree with you assessment and I've shared this thought on FT before. I realize everyone loves this new model of cheap, credit card based access to enter clubs, but unfortunately by making it cheaply available we are now going to have serious supply/demand imbalance going forward.

When the lounge is crazier than the terminal you are trying to a escape, that is a major, major problem.

Regards