FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old May 22, 2017, 5:52 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
flashing overhead light, do I write in?

So this morning I took an ORD-SFO flight on an A321S in 24B (exit row).

After take off, I pull the IFE out to check the flight map and notice none of the controls work. Annoyed, I put the IFE away and proceed to attempt to take a nap, when I see some flashing lights. At first I thought it was sunlight coming out of someones window before I realized my overhead lights appeared to be stuck in on/off mode.. the entire flight. I attempted to reset the IFE by holding the power+home button and even tried cleaning the screen several times, but the flashing kept going....

Finally, I asked an FA about it, who said they really couldn't do anything but write it up... So hopefully no one else has to be stuck in that cursed seat....

So I wonder if I should write in about this... believe me, having a flashing light above you is perhaps worse than having multiple crying babies around you, and this is actually AA's fault! But what does one even ask for?

And to add, there have been multiple things annoying me about AA lately, from power-tripping agents to unannounced early departures, to issues with the stupid QIK preventing agents from doing anything useful, I feel like complaining about this just makes me an AA whiner.... How often do people write in to complain????