FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Business Class LIS-BOS
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2017, 4:33 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by bob278
Thank you. We flew similar angle-flat seats on Lufthansa several years ago and know they are not designed for sleeping and not even that comfortable just sitting upright. The flight we are looking at is a day-time flight so trying to lie down to sleep is not very likely. The more important feature is an adjustable foot rest.

But I am also interested in the overall experience. While I appreciate luxury, I can accept adequate-to-good when I am not paying an exorbitant price. We had several outstanding flights on Cathay Pacific in first class and business. But we know that their service is several notches above most airlines and would not expect anything even close on TAP. If we have comfortable seats, a little acceptable wine and don't go hungry, I would consider that a decent value for the price ($800 one way).

I read somewhere (and will try to find it again) that the goal was to have 7 additional A330's complete by the end of 2017. Since we are flying in April 2018, I would think the odds are pretty good that we would not have the "bad" seats. I think there are just 2 with the lie-flat seats at the moment and can understand why there would be frequent equipment changes.
Since LIS-BOS is a premium route, the retrofitted birds will be primarily allocated there. If you're flying in April 2018, the odds of flying one of these planes are high (as long as an A332 is scheduled and not an A333 or an A343). As for the flight itself, wines are good and so is the food. The crew is a hit or miss.