FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair denied to disabled customer
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2017, 2:42 pm
drenees

Wheelchair denied to disabled customer

CEO Doug Parker: I have sent many emails to your customer relations department. They refuse to forward anything to you. Including the certified letter I sent addressed to you. In regard to an incident on October 30th 2015 where American Airlines refused a wheelchair to its disabled passenger, my husband.

Late that night, our flight was cancelled due to weather. My husband cannot walk due to a stroke and his personal wheelchair was in baggage as we were not at our final destination. We needed to leave the airport and go to a hotel for the night to be able to continue our journey the next day. We either needed his chair out of baggage or just a loaner chair for the night. Each time I asked for a wheelchair I was immediately informed there were none available. No one checked to see if any were available, they just told me either "there's nothing I can do" or there are no wheelchairs available". Each time I asked, no one checked to see if there were any available, they just said we can't help you.
American Airlines left their disabled customer in the DFW airport with no wheelchair until the early hours of the following day. He was helpless and no one came to his aid. Even though American Airlines had possession of his wheelchair.
1) American Airlines refused to provide a wheelchair to its disabled passenger when his connecting flight was cancelled.
2) American Airlines had possession of his personal wheelchair.
3) American Airlines kept a disabled man and his family helpless in the DFW airport until the early morning hours of the following day causing him severe nerve pain.
4) This pain, along with the fact they destroyed his personal wheelchair, kept him from continuing his journey.
5) His journey was to ATTEND HIS MOTHER'S FUNERAL.
Please someone, tell me how to forward this email to Doug Parker, CEO of American Airlines.
I have been informed by one customer relations employee that he will never see my certified letter. Tim Shore told me that he had seen my letter, then backtracked to say he hadn't seen my letter and that as a very important executive of American Airlines he would not have time to give any attention to the fact that his airline abused its disabled passenger and destroyed his wheelchair.