FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sunscreen, anyone
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2017, 1:40 pm
turnleftbrighteyes

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I'm limited to physical blockers after various poor reactions to chemical sunscreens (including I think the Lancome one mentioned by @ysolde, unfortunately), so I feel like I'm missing out on the really good Japanese and Korean sunscreens.

I've been a happy user for several years of Bioderma's Photoderm Akn Mat 30: it's not at all greasy and leaves a nice finish. It's marketed for the acne-prone, but I'm in my 40s with dry skin, and I rarely wear foundation since I like how my skin looks with just the Bioderma. My only quibble is that it's not available in the US; I'd like to find one I can just pick up here.

The closest I've come has been Skinceuticals Physical Mat UV, but it's pricier than the Bioderma, and there's a tint that is slightly too dark for me. (I might be paranoid about too dark foundations/tints.)

The Clarins mineral sunscreen is fine but somewhat overpriced for its basic formulation, but only in the untinted, as the light version is too dark for me. Drunk Elephant was way too greasy on me, so I wouldn't use it daily. The Bioderma is really the only sunscreen that doesn't make my (dry and dehydrated) skin greasy. Why is that so hard?

I'm curious about the colorscience powder, though, and maybe the Elta MD Physical one mentioned by @Buster should be the next I try.