FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]
Old May 22, 2017, 12:08 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ConstellationClass
My wife and I used MP miles to book an OS flight, OS 94 IAD-VIE, in economy (booking shows X class of service--non-elite saver pass). Neither of us have any status with UA or *A. I have two Club passes from accepting the Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer credit card offer. I understand that Austrian flies from IAD Terminal A and that there are no United Clubs in that terminal (only C/D). Is it worth trying to get to IAD early enough to burn the club passes in C/D before our flight, or just save them for another trip?
You have to have the train or moon buggey between A and C/D -- probably should count on 15-20 minutes each way

So is the extra time worth it? The UCs, especially at IAD, are so-so. During the day -- light snacks, limited or no views of the tarmac.

Some folks that access to the Term B lounges (you will not) do the reverse trip to the better meal options / showers / .... in the Term B lounges. Suggesting their thoughts on the UA UCs.

If you have future trips planned that can make use of the UCs while staying in Term C/D -- then I would wait.