FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change or standby earlier connecting flight ATL
Old May 22, 2017, 10:27 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Wow. You guys are great. I am not elite on DL and am on a coach award ticket. I can carryon bag rather than check, though, so perhaps helping with the baggage issue at ATL. Sounds like my plan should be carryon (or grab bag and run LOL) and get ground agent to see about SDS on earlier flight if available. If successful at that point, is there a $50 charge? Just want to know what I'm in for.

Quick reconsideration: I have not yet checked in. Is it possible for me to go ahead and change that flight now for SDC? If so, do I just do it as I check in? I'm assuming 105 minutes is enough?
You must request the SDC/SDS after you have arrived in ATL. You cannot do it earlier.

It would be good to keep your carry on bag with you. They it will be on the flight you actually take, so that you won't have to worry about the bag arriving before you, nor would you need to either wait for the bag on the next flight or return to the airport to fetch it later.