FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP - how to annoy your customers before they get onboard
Old May 22, 2017, 7:05 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Far from true.
Paying for seat selection/assignment is sadly now common with some/many full service carriers. Or take your chances when checking in.
With BA you pay to select a seat in paid business class, and the lower class's, unless you have mid tier status. At T-7 you can select seats
You underlined part of my sentence, without reading the rest of it. As you said yourself, take your chances when checking in. Exactly. I'm normally happy to take my chances at check in because most people don't fork out the stupid seat fees carriers want.

Not being able to select seats at check in is another thing. And being pre-assigned 2 middle seats when the seat map is empty is what irritates me to no end.

This is for a long haul flight on a so-called full service carrier as a Star Gold.

Even with Norwegian, where you can't change seats online at check in, I have never been pre-assigned a middle seat if I'm checking in early enough.