FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old May 22, 2017, 3:11 am
Misco60

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Obviously a very short sector - but even so, you can very easily pre-empt any concerns/issues by doing what so many of us now do : take a bit of your own favourite food with you, along with a drink of something bought airside if necessary.
I find that a small can of coke, bag of Kettle Chips and a banana from Galleries South usually suffices for a Band 1, and fits nicely in my laptop bag.

Having now taken at least one BoB flight per week for the past few months, my impression is that customers have mostly accepted the principle and are prepared to pay for on-board refreshments.

What they do not forgive, however, is food not being available at all: I have seen passengers in the first row of ET being told that the items they have very carefully selected from the glossy brochure are unavailable, and have been on more than one flight where the stock runs out before the trolley reaches the back of the plane (or where slow service means that there is no time to serve the last few rows). BA seems to forget - or just not care - that many of their short-haul ET passengers have just transferred, hungry, from a long-haul flight and didn't have time to eat at the airport.

BA really needs to sort out its stocking levels, even if that means over-catering for a few months. After all, other airlines can do it.