FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issues with Hyatt gift card
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2017, 10:27 pm
jasonpaulF

Help?

I recently had this issue as well about a month ago but was not so lucky, consumer affairs didn't care to replace my drained one, so I ended up having a friend who works at one of the Hyatt locations find out the location and a better time frame where it was used and calling my credit card company, I can ask him to find out where it was used if you would like? What was the ECG number that had been drained? and I can ask and see if maybe he can help.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I had 2-$25 EGC which I received from MyPoints last October. They both had pins. I checked them last night and one of them was drained in April and the other is still good.

I called in and after being transferred to several people, and finally to consumer affairs, I was told that unless I had the receipt they could not do anything. Luckily, I still had the email from Mypoints with the link the the card and I forwarded it to the rep. With any luck, I'll get the $25 back. It appears they will not replace them for anyone unless they were purchased from Hyatt. That's why I hope that the email/link I sent them is enough.

What is the point of having pins if they still can be compromised? And why are they still selling them? This is a big problem.

**UPDATE*** I received a replacement EGC in email about an hour ago. I sent in the proof around 7pm last night. No complaints from me.