FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "no connecting door" preference
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2017, 11:40 am
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
If you are staying at a hotel, say like a St. Regis, where rooms are sold separately or paired to form multi-room suites, it may be the norm to have all the rooms have connecting doors. Just throwing that out - not saying every hotel is set that way. Just a data point.

It's another thing that the rooms coordinators should look at when manually blocking rooms prior to arrival. But, for those places that rely on on-the-fly assignment via computer, nothing is personalized - you booked a Deluxe King, the computer spits out the next available Deluxe King. The FDA may be able to shift other rooms to accommodate the preference. Lightspeed changed the way they list room attributes to make it almost impossible to see quickly - it's all mashed together.
Sometimes, we rely too much on the assumption that every employee that touches a reservation will automatically see everything about a guest. I still believe in following up myself as part of my due diligence on any of my reservations I make for myself. I don't wait until I reach the Front Desk and hope that I get a room on a high floor away from the elevator and ice machine and away from the exit doors...