FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "no connecting door" preference
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2017, 6:22 pm
CP@YOW

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
The "no connecting door" preference

This preference is set on my account and appears on every reservation, however, I frequently get rooms with connecting doors. While I understand that it is not always possible to fulfill this (or any) room request, I find it astounding that the front desk staff at multiple hotels have never once even acknowledged my stated preference.

It could be handled so much better from a customer service point of view, for example:
"I noticed that you have requested a room without a connecting door. I'm so sorry, but all the remaining rooms we have available tonight do have connecting doors."

or
"I noticed that you have requested a room without a connecting door. You will find that your room has a connecting door, but we are doing our best to keep the adjoining room empty tonight so that you won't be disturbed."

or
"Because you are a platinum member, we've upgraded you to one of our suites. However, the suite has a connecting door and I noticed that you requested a room without connecting door. Would you prefer one of our standard rooms without a connecting door?

or even on the positive side:
"We've made sure to assign you a room without a connecting door as requested." (It would be nice to know that they respected the preference as opposed to it working out by chance).

Has anyone had an experience where this preference was acknowledged?