FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old May 20, 2017, 1:45 pm
jaejaez

This hotel gives me a sense that the management take immense pride in the reputation of the hotel and its guests' satisfaction. In my stay during the winter I had a not-so-friendly waitstaff at breakfast (not rude, just a tad less friendly than all the others) and so when the management asked if my stay was going okay, I mentioned it briefly, not in a 'big-deal' kind of way, but that the stay was almost flawless... and that the only thing I could think of was perhaps the waiter during breakfast who could've been a little friendlier. We walked away from the conversation not expecting anything.

Then came a hand-written letter of apology from the manager in my room post turn-down together with a bottle of bubbly and a book about Art-Deco which we expressed during our conversation was our area of interest lately. The next morning during breakfast we were ushered and taken care of by the restaurant manager and upon check-out we were once again given apologies from the manager on duty.

... to the point where I felt a little bad for having raised this issue at all, when it wasn't even an issue.

The point though, is that this is the kind of hotel where it's not just about the $ but more so about the sense of pride the staff feel of the place. I could not recommend it enough for those considering it.