FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii: probability of 763 equipment swap DFW-HNL on daily non-stop?
Old May 19, 2017, 5:58 pm
Rebel54

Programs: AA
Thank you for this. I'm excited to be able to have the lie flat on my overnight flight.

Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
Hey Zeke320 - I wanted to thank you for providing that URL to us. It was accurate as promised, and the aircraft registration numbers would update throughout the day as others have noted.

Here are some quick steps for those who will be flying from Hawaii to DFW and want to verify what type of 767 they'll be (possibly) getting:

Notes from my HNL-DFW 767 flights:

In my case, I had a newer 1-2-1 F layout on the way out to DFW, but a 2-2-2 F layout coming back to HNL.

For IFE, both flights had Samsung tablets loaded with movies and other stuff as well as Bose headphones if needed.

The meals were the best I've had in AA F. On the departing flight, I had Pork Osso Bucco. On the returning flight, I had the Sea Bass.

CIP F Layout:
Pros:
  • This layout is great if you have the solo window seats (Seats #A or #J ) - you'll have direct aisle access and your own lie-flat (really flat) seat.
  • There were two AC power adapters (I think they're international format). No USB jacks were available.

Cons:
  • The only thing that I observed was that the seat was sort of thin (e.g. not wide enough for some broad-shouldered passengers). YMMV
  • Although I fit my seat lengthwise with no issues, some taller passengers might run out of leg room if the seat is set to lie-flat mode. Also, no foot rest at the base of the seat.

Non-CIP F Layout:
Pros:
  • More legroom and a footrest
  • The Angled Lie-Flat seats are pretty good. The controls don't respond to your adjustments via the console, but I was pretty surprised how comfortable I was. At least the seats are nowhere as ridiculous as the LUS-757 seats that PHX and PHL are stuck with.

Cons:
  • The only power source was a automobile-style cigarette light jack. No AC outlets or USB jacks. Seriously, we're 17 years into this century. Can the penny-pinching US Air management light a fire under them and start modernizing? (yes, I know that's what they're doing with the CIP now...)
  • I was spoiled by the 1-2-1 layout, and having a 2-2-2 layout means that you'll have to squeeze over your sleeping neighbor if you're in #A or #J .

Bottom line: I was quite happy with the DFW flights, and I was more comfortable than any other domestic AA flight I've ever taken. I hope you will be too.