FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Restricted Access via the Secure Connector from TBIT to T4/T5?
Old May 19, 2017, 11:53 am
k374

Restricted Access via the Secure Connector from TBIT to T4/T5?

So, this is regarding LAX and going between T6 and B. A few months ago I was flying out of B and was able to go to use the airside connector to T6 to use the Alaska Airlines Boardroom there and come back to B for my flight.

A few weeks ago I attempted to do the reverse and was not allowed to. I was flying out of T5 and wanted to spend some time in B but when I reached the final point of the airside connector to B there was a sign saying "Re-entry prohibited" with a guard saying that if I went to B I cannot come back and will have to go through security again... this confuses me, the airside connector cannot be in one direction only? That makes no sense.

Is this new? I thought the airside connector connects secure areas and connects to the immigration cleared area of B so not sure what the problem was.

ok, looking at this map here:

http://www.laxishappening.com/assets...Tunnel-Map.pdf

It looks like the insecure area of B is connected to the secure area of T4-T8? That does not seem to make much sense. Why isn't the area between secure and immigration connected - i.e. effectively the domestic secure area of TBIT to the domestic secure areas of other terminals. This way if an international passenger wants to make a connection they clear immigration then make a airside connect to T4-T8. What are they doing now? They have to exit the terminal then walk outside then go back through security? The way the map displays it it isn't airside if a secure point connects to an insecure point.

Last edited by TWA884; May 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts for readability