FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going South w/ Avianca and a little bit of Rouge
Old May 19, 2017, 9:11 am
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Cool Going South (Uruguay, Argentina & Chile) w/ Avianca and a little bit of Rouge

Intro
Hello all! 11 months w/o a holiday is enough to make anyone go a bit batty.

In any case, like many I was trying to earn enough points to take a holiday. While my original plan was to go to New Zealand in first, the devaluation last fall, pretty much killed that idea, let alone how limited flights were.

I then started looking into other options, and South America came to mind. I’ve been curious about Uruguay since I heard a classmate talk about it in class in university so I figured why not?

Of course reading stories from others here about the key to maximizing points is to do multiple stops made me think “Why not add in Argentina and Chile too? They have wine there!”

Well after numerous calls to Aeroplan (since I couldn’t book it online on my own) and wanting to add in a stop to Mexico for lunch with my fam on the way back (made booking even more complicated), everything was booked and ready to go.

Of course, this will be in business class, and it’s actually my first time flying this way, so I’ll give the following disclaimer in that I’m easy to please and def. not a DYKWIA type of person. Working in hospitality gives one sympathy.

But I digress… stay tuned for a heavily wine focused Trip Report with a business class noob…

First stop... LIM for the evening, with a 50min stopover in SAL.

Last edited by iceblueshoes; May 22, 2017 at 9:47 pm Reason: better title