FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DTW and FNT - coterminals?
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyFromDTW

Programs: DL DM
So in a completely unexpected way, I got the answer. My electricity went out last night due to high winds last night and I woke up late so could not make it to FNT in time for my flight. I called Diamond line and they said could do nothing but recommended going to DTW and fly standby. Of course, that didn't work and was told I would need to pay $900 more to change my flight (after waiving the $200 change fee). So I decided to call Diamond again and when the agent heard my problem, was able to change me to leave from DTW. Not only that but he said you probably will want to return to DTW since your car will be there (I was already planning to Uber back because I had already gotten more than I thought I would) and he changed me to a return to DTW. I now understand hang up and call again! But I still think I encountered a person who I commend for being logical and going above and beyond by moving me to flights that were not sold out and therefore minimal cost to Delta to make the change! It's things like this that make a loyal customer so happy! Logic is ignored in the interest of policy, even when there is no cost to anyone but only benefit to using logic!