FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electronic devices ban Europe to the US [merged threads]
Old May 17, 2017, 7:45 pm
DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by donsullivan
I'm in a similar situation where I leave for Europe on the 23rd, returning on the 3rd. At this point, I don't know whether to bring an empty pelican case with me to pack my camera backpack with 2 high end DSLR's and a half dozen lenses and other associated accessories for the return trip, or take a chance that they debate it again for the next couple of weeks and I can get in and out before it happens.

For me personally, I just wish they would do one thing or another. Those of us with immediate travel to Europe are in limbo and don't know what we need to do for safe transport of electronics and in my case a whole bunch of camera gear.
I think I'm going to take a chance and bring my laptop and digital SLR with lens and flash. In the worst case, I think I will ship the items back via UPS/FedEx, probably less worse than letting the airline/airport treat my stuff like a football and risk getting them stolen.