FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United - Positive Experiences 2017
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017, 5:02 pm
johnsmith

so many good united experiences lately

wanted to share an outstanding experience:

Family medical emergency that occurred while I was out of town. I called GS line in a panic needing to get home. GS found a delayed flight and got me a seat on it--I don't know if they overbooked it or asked the airport to find space, but it shouldn't have been available.

I then rushed to the airport, but forgot about checking in--on my way there, the station supervisor called my cell phone (not sure how they got the number), to let me know I wasn't checked in for the flight, but she would print a boarding pass, meet me at TSA and then have a cart ready to run me to the gate.

I got from downtown to the plane in under an hour, and was home with my family in under 3 hours. As I told united, this is the kind of stuff you remember for a lifetime

I've been long-term committed to united and know how hard things are this month--that said, stuff like this doesn't happen unless your employees care (just need the commitment from UA to deal with the bad 1% bc they are ruining the reputation for the rest)