FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017, 12:54 pm
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Right. My 2p worth.

LGW - ALC May 16th

Starter

Tomato and pearl mozzarella salad with pesto

Main

Beef and Mushroom Casserole

or

Tomato and 4 cheese tortellini main

Cheddar Cheese

Lemon and Almond slice

Drinks were served promptly by a delightful CSM. I love the large bottles of wine - especially the Champagne which is a vast improvement on what went before. HI had G&T and was offered a choice between Gordons and Tanqueray.

The tray was handed out with the starter, cheese and desert. The starter was OK - I'm not that mad about Mozzarella as I find it bland.

I had the Pasta and it was delicious and very filling. It came on a good big plate as opposed to those cold "Now We Are Five" bowls which were usually freezing cold. Both the cheese and the desert were delicious and I enjoyed the Italian red rather than constant Spanish and Chilean which I find too oaken. HI had the Beef which he pronounced as very good.

In short the service was excellent and a 100% improvement. So many things are borderline - it is a shame that MAD, MXP/LIN and VIE are just out from what I understand - however the service takes a long time to deliver and I am unsure that it could be delivered in time unless the cabin was cut back. This is even better than the meals served on Band 4.

A huge improvement.