FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia with Toddlers - Itinerary Advice
Old May 17, 17, 12:47 pm
heraclitus

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Travel K View Post
I have two littles around the ages of your kids, so I get where you are at. I wouldn't hesitate to add Hobart in there. Tasmania was so, so cool when I went a couple months ago. You can take them over to MONA and they will be very easily entertained. Parents will like it too.

I like your Northern itinerary better than the south. Melbourne is another super family friendly spot.
Thank you for the suggestions. The rationale behind the northern trip would be to head to the slightly milder winter weather given that we'd be there in August 2018. It looks like the Gold Coast has a bit of a Florida-like resort vibe with beaches and theme parks which could be a nice diversion given that kids just love beaches.

The only thing about the northern trip I'm not sure of is how engaging the road trip part of heading north would be (I'm envisioning a leisurely one-way drive north). I'm also not sure where else to go besides OOL/BNE. CNS strikes me as too far north, particularly given that we're not planning to visit GBR.